Saturday, October 08, 2005

'CHILD SEX SATANISTS' WON'T GO TO COURT

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16223545&method=full&siteid=66633&headline=child-sex-satanists-won-t-go-to-court--name_page.html

John Mceachran, at The Daily Record (Glasgow) ,8 October 2005, wrote about a report into an alleged Satanic child abuse ring.

According to the 'Lewis Report', by the Social Work Inspection Agency, 3 girls did suffer horrific physical and sexual abuse for a decade.

A criminal prosecution into the alleged abuse on the Isle of Lewis - which included claims of Satanic rituals and animal slaughter - collapsed in July 2004.

There are no plans to reopen the case.

The alleged victims - now aged 16, 14 and 12 - insisted the report was made public.

The Social Work Inspection Agency found they were continually abused between 1991 and 2000 - despite being in contact with more than 100 health care experts.

One child was forced to eat cat food, another made to sleep in a cupboard and the children were burned by cigarettes and beaten.

The abuse began when one child was just a year old - and another girl did not even have a pair of shoes.

The agency said: "They should have been removed from home much earlier.

"We found professionals were too willing to believe the accounts of adult members, rather than the children's."

The main suspect of the abuse had been classified as "high risk" in England having been convicted of indecent assault of a nine-year-old girl.

The Lewis report called for a major shake-up over how future allegations of child sex abuse are investigated and criticised social workers on Lewis for not acting sooner.

SWAI chief inspector Alexis Jay said the three girls were now with foster parents and "thriving".

Her deputy, Gill Ottley, said the girls felt "vindicated" by the report but added: "This is an experience they will not be able to forget."



~~

No comments: